Home remedies for flu and the symptoms
- The amount of sugar and grains that convert to sugar in our diet
- Simply not getting enough rest. We need at least 7-8 hours a night, but not more than 9
- Stress – Who doesn’t have it right? But it’s a killer. So do everything possible to eliminate as much as you can from your life.
- Not enough exercise or no exercise at all – In our modern, tech driven world, we have to set aside time for regular exercise. If you’re like me, you have a lot of physical work outside, but the body still requires exercise of the different muscle groups. I do regular stretching and walking.
- Vitamin D deficiency. It’s important that you get 15-20 minutes of direct sunshine a day. In the winter, that’s harder. We supplement our diets with foods high in Vitamin D.
Here are the top 5 home remedies for a colds, flu, and their symptoms my family has used through the years. I’m glad to share them with you because I know they work. 🙂
Prepare your echinacea and roots tea. Some people make the tea without using this as a base, but we use it at our house because we think it adds to the benefits. Add the ginger root to the simmering tea for the last 10 minutes of simmering. Once the simmering is complete, pour through a strainer into a large mug and add the other ingredients. Drink and feel better.